Board concerned over pipeline in Maumelle Watershed | News
MAUMELLE, Ark. (KTHV) -- At a meeting on Thursday, the Board of Commissioners at Central Arkansas Water plans to discuss the oil spill that happened in Mayflower, including what's been done to make sure the same thing doesn't happen in the Maumelle watershed.
The Maumelle Watershed has become a point of concern for some in the area because much of Central Arkansas' water supply is drawn from Lake Maumelle.
Last week, THV11 took you out to Lake Maumelle, where the same oil pipeline that ruptured in Mayflower is buried about 600 feet from the shore.
Representatives from ExxonMobil and the Hazardous Materials Safety Administration are scheduled to be at Thursday's meeting.
Upcoming Events near Maumelle
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Packet House Deal Gets Murky; Restaurant For Sale
- A horse pulling a carriage in North Little Rock cause an accident after it was spooked Saturday.
- Noise Alert: Explosives training at Robinson Maneuver Training Center
- 2nd annual River Cities Dragon Boat Festival
- Second skunk tests positive for rabies in NLR